In my maiden speech (which you can watch here)
, I spoke about my pride in representing our beautiful and diverse community of Erith and Thamesmead in Parliament, with its rich history and exciting future, and in that speech and my activity locally and in Parliament since then I have laid out some of my priorities as communicated by you:
- Bringing the DLR to Thamesmead and improving local transport links
- Improving local housing and ending homelessness
- Tackling the threat of climate change and protecting our environment
- Addressing concerns about crime and anti-social behaviour
- Fighting to improve our schools and invest in education
I’ll be using every opportunity I can to raise these and other issues which matter to you in Parliament, with Ministers, as your MP and in my role as Labour’s Shadow Exchequer Secretary to the Treasury. You can see my speeches, interventions and questions in Parliament below.